Inspirations Teen Prescriptions & Pills Treatment
Inspirations provide a team of qualified and caring prescription addiction treatment professionals, offering a prescription drug addiction treatment program for Adolescents/Teens, who are demonstrating destructive, rebellious, and defiant behaviors, resulting in personal and family dysfunction. Inspirations goal of the program is to treat the disease of addiction, build the teen’s self confidence and reunite the family.
Inspirations residential prescription drug addiction treatment for teens provides a powerful combination of programs including:
- Intensive individual, family and group therapeutic sessions
- Educational programs
- Life skills management
- Recreational/sports programs
All programs are designed around a positive environment to boost the teens self-esteem and produce long term results. Our treatment combines a motivational prescription drug addiction treatment program with the “accountability” concept, emphasizing, respect for family, respect for others, and a teamwork approach towards daily goals and accomplishments.
During your teens enrollment to our Teen Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment Center, we will tailor a personal educational plan for your teenager. Inspirations for Youth and Families offers an “On-Site” Preparatory format school program in order for our teens to maintain High School Credits.
Risks of Commonly Abused Prescription Drugs Used by Teens
Opioids (used to treat pain):
- Addiction. Prescription opioids act on the same receptors as heroin and therefore can be highly addictive. People who abuse them sometimes alter the route of administration (e.g., snorting or injecting vs. taking orally) to intensify the effect; some even report moving from prescription opioids to heroin.
- Overdose. Abuse of opioids, alone or in combination with alcohol or other drugs, can depress respiration and lead to death. Overdose is a major concern: the number of fatal poisonings involving prescription pain relievers has more than tripled since 1999.
- Heightened HIV risk. Injecting opioids increases the risk of HIV and other infectious diseases through use of unsterile or shared equipment.
CNS Depressants (used to treat anxiety and sleep problems):
- Addiction and dangerous withdrawal symptoms. These drugs are addictive and, in chronic users or abusers, discontinuing them absent a physician’s guidance can bring about severe withdrawal symptoms, including seizures that can be life-threatening.
- Overdose. High doses can cause severe respiratory depression. This risk increases when CNS depressants are combined with other medications or alcohol.
- Stimulants (used to treat ADHD and narcolepsy):
- Addiction and other health consequences. These include psychosis, seizures, and cardiovascular complications.
If you have a child struggling with prescription drug addiction and the chaos of teen behaviors, Inspirations Teen Drug Rehab can guide you in the right direction by choosing an addiction treatment program that will provide the treatment and therapies specifically related to your child’s needs. If your doctor has recommended that your teen stay in an inpatient/residential addiction treatment program, we can help you through the admission process, step by step. Inspirations Teen Drug Rehab also provides an educational program, so that your child will be able to keep up with his/her school credits.
Learn more about prescription and pill addiction: