Pre Stage – Teen Addiction
Teen Experiments how drugs/alcohol works for them. Learning Process
Early Stage – Teen Addiction
Teen uses drugs/alcohol to get pleasure/high. It’s all just fun
- Few consequences from the beginning use of drugs/alcohol.
- Ability to control use of drugs/alcohol in most cases.
- Drug of use/alcohol increases: start using more.
Middle Stage – Teen Addiction
Teen starts using to get relief from pain. Change in Dealing with Life and Others
- Drugs/alcohol becomes a problem/source of pain.
- Loss control over amount used of drugs/alcohol; using more and more.
- Extreme discomfort when not using
- Depression, emotional numbness, mental preoccupation
Late Stage – Teen Addiction
Teen is now using to obliterate consciousness. Physical and Mental Breakdown
- Severe psychological/physical consequences.
- Dissociation from self/reality, many blackouts.
- Suicide, insanity, accidental death, physical sickness, prison.