The Inspirations for Youth and Families youth rehab Life Skills and Nutrition course brings you their newest culinary endeavor Egg Omelet Burritos! This course teaches our teens the nutritional benefits of eating properly. We teach our teens how to create easy and extremely hearty meals they can make themselves and for others. Our youth rehab course ranges from breakfast, snacks and lunch meals teens find applicable to in their everyday life.
What you’ll need:
2 tbsp. water
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. butter
1/3 – ½ cup with fillings (shredded cheese, finely chopped ham, peppers or whatever you want inside!)
Our teens started another day learning how to prepare a nutritious and delicious breakfast meal. They also wanted to incorporate what they’ve learned in their previous lesson on making burritos. Instead of a traditional omelet our teens opted to create an Egg Omelet Burrito.
1. Beat egg, water, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Beat until blended.
2. Heat butter into a pan or skillet then pour in egg mixture. It should immediately set at edges.
3. Once the top surface has thickened place fillings onto the omelet.
4. Warm tortilla on skillet or in microwave until lightly brown.
5. Place omelet onto tortilla and fold.
Watch our teens create the Egg Omelet Burrito: