Michelle is originally from Long Island and moved to Miami at the age of eleven. She has a Bachelors of Science degree from Boston University, where she majored in psychology. Michelle also received her Masters Degree in Clinical Social Work from Fordham University at the Lincoln Center Campus. Since then Michelle began her career working at an outpatient mental health care center, where she worked with patients suffering from mood disorders including schizophrenia, depression, and anxiety.
Michelle also worked in discharge planning at a St.Petersberg Florida Hospital as well as a Dual Diagnosis Transitional Health program. The program specialized in opiate addiction treatment.
Currently, Michelle is a primary therapist at Inspirations for Youth and Families fulfilling her passion of helping treat teens struggling with substance abuse and mental health issues.
Her job functions include:
- Completing comprehensive and ongoing assessment and progress monitoring
- Develop and monitoring customized treatment plans
- Providing frequent (e.g. once to multiple sessions per week) and intensive psychotherapy
- Collaborating within a multidisciplinary treatment team and attend regular team meetings
- Develop and facilitating groups on an as needed basis
- Participate in regular staff trainings, consultation groups, and weekly individual consultation and supervision with the clinical director.
When she is not treating teens, Michelle loves cooking, golfing, spending time with friends and watching movies.