A. Pre Stage - Teen Experiments how
drugs/alcohol works for them.
B. Early Stage - Teen uses drugs/alcohol
to get pleasure/high.
It's all just fun
1. Few consequences from the beginning
use of drugs/alcohol.
2. Ability to control use of drugs/alcohol
in most cases.
3. Drug of use/alcohol increases:
start using more.
C. Middle Stage - Teen starts using
to get relief from pain.
Change in Dealing with Life and Others
1. drugs/alcohol becomes a problem/source
2. Loss control over amount used of
drugs/alcohol; using more and more.
3. Extreme discomfort when not using
4. Depression, emotional numbness,
D. Late Stage - Teen is now using to
Physical and Mental Breakdown
1. Severe psychological/physical
2. Dissociation from self/reality,
3. Suicide, insanity, accidental death,
physical sickness, prison.